Horse Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Leafs sign big German forward

Go down

Leafs sign big German forward Empty Leafs sign big German forward

Post  annwang Sat Jul 17, 2010 7:45 am

The Maple Leafs continue to comb the depths of European hockey, plucking free agent forward Marcel Mueller from the Cologne Sharks of the German Elite League. hockey jerseys www.2009allstar.com.
www.nfljerseychina.com.
GM Brian Burke hasn’t been shy about taking a chance on players who could be considered late bloomers, landing goalies Jonas Gustavsson last year and Jussi Rynnas this year. Now Burke sounds excited about the 22-year-old Mueller, a 6-3, 220-pound winger who signed a two-year entry level deal with the Leafs on Wednesday.
“I like his size and skill. He’s a projected top-six winger with size,” said Burke. “Remarkable ramp-up in the last 24 months.”

Burke likes his players tough and Mueller’s biggest statistic is penalty minutes – 122 in 53 games last year — but that’s not all that’s impressive about the member of Germany’s Olympic team and world championship team in 2010.

He led the Sharks in game-winning goals (six), power-play goals (eight), assists (32) and penalty minutes while finishing second in goals (24), points (56) and short-handed goals (four).

In 198 games with the Sharks and Berlin Polar Bears from 2005-10, Mueller recorded 43 goals and 61 assists with 316 penalty minutes.
www.2008jersey.com
“I expect he will need time with the Marlies, but that’s up to him,” Burke said.

Meanwhile, there’s been no word on whether the Leafs will indeed trade Tomas Kaberle, but if he’s available at least one New Jersey Devil would love him as a teammate.

Fellow Czech Patrik Elias told the New Jersey Star-Ledger he’d love to see the Devils trade for the defenceman.

“I wouldn’t be the only one to love to play with that guy,” Elias said. “I’ve played with him on the (Czech) national team. He’s just tremendous. It’s unbelievable how he can control the game. He contributes offensively.

“I think he’d be a wonderful addition to our team. Toronto’s been talking for three years that they want to trade him. Whatever team gets him, it will be a great addition.
[url][/url]

annwang

Back to top Go down